Terms and Conditions
Welcome to the website for Bedfordshire Down’s Syndrome Support Group (the “Group”). This website is owned by the Group and we are an English registered Charitable Incorporated Organisation under number 1102599.
These terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) outline the rules and regulations for the use of the Group’s website, located at [●] (the “Website”).
By accessing the Website, we assume you accept the Terms and Conditions. Do not continue to use the Website if you do not agree to adhere to all of the Terms and Conditions set out on this page.
The following terminology applies to these Terms and Conditions, [Privacy Statement and Disclaimer Notice and all Agreements]:
- “Visitor”, “You” and “Your” refers to you, the person log on the Website and the person who is required to be in compliance with the Terms and Conditions or, generally, the Group’s terms and conditions (both in terms of access to the Website or, generally, as a member (or relative or dependent of a member) of the Group);
- “The Group”, “Ourselves”, “We”, “Our” and “Us”, refers to the Group as owners of the Website;
- “Party”, “Parties”, or “Us”, refers to both the Visitor and ourselves; and
- all terms refer to the offer, acceptance and consideration of payment necessary to undertake the process of our assistance to the Visitor in the most appropriate manner for the express purpose of meeting the Visitor’s needs in respect of provision of the Group’s stated services, in accordance with and subject to, prevailing law of England & Wales.
Any use of the above terminology or other words in the singular, plural, capitalisation and/or he/she or they, are taken as interchangeable and therefore as referring to same.
Unless otherwise stated, the Group and/or its licensors own the intellectual property rights for all material on the Website. All intellectual property rights are reserved. You may access this from the Website for your own personal use subjected to restrictions set in the Terms and Conditions.
You must not:
- Republish material from the Website;
- Sell, rent or sub-license material from the Website;
- Reproduce, duplicate or copy material from the Website; or
- Redistribute content from the Website.
This Agreement shall begin on the date on which you first access the Website.[Parts of the Website offer an opportunity for users to post and exchange opinions and information in certain areas of the Website. The Group does not filter, edit, publish or review Comments prior to their presence on the Website. Comments do not reflect the views and opinions of the Group, its agents and/or affiliates. Comments reflect the views and opinions of the person who post their views and opinions. To the extent permitted by applicable laws, the Group shall not be liable for the Comments or for any liability, damages or expenses caused and/or suffered as a result of any use of and/or posting of and/or appearance of the Comments on the Website.
The Group reserves the right to monitor all Comments and to remove any Comments which can be considered inappropriate, offensive or causes breach of these Terms and Conditions.
You warrant and represent that:
- you are entitled to post the Comments on the Website and have all necessary licenses and consents to do so;
- the Comments do not invade any intellectual property right, including without limitation copyright, patent or trademark of any third party;
- the Comments do not contain any defamatory, libellous, offensive, indecent or otherwise unlawful material which is an invasion of privacy; and
- the Comments will not be used to solicit or promote business or custom or present commercial activities or unlawful activity.
You hereby grant the Group a non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, edit and authorize others to use, reproduce and edit any of your Comments in any and all forms, formats or media.]
Hyperlinking to our Content
The following organizations may link to the Website without prior written approval:
- Government agencies;
- search engines;
- news organisations;
- online directory distributors may link to the Website in the same manner as they hyperlink to the websites of other listed businesses; and
- system wide accredited businesses except soliciting non-profit organizations, charity shopping malls, and charity fundraising groups which may not hyperlink to the Website.
These organisations may link to our home page, to publications or to other information on the Website so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products and/or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site.
- We may consider and approve other link requests from the following types of organisations:
- commonly-known consumer and/or business information sources;
- dot.com community sites;
- associations or other groups representing charities;
- online directory distributors;
- internet portals;
- accounting, law and consulting firms; and
- educational institutions and trade associations.
We will approve link requests from these organisations if we decide that: (a) the link would not make us look unfavourable; (b) the organisation does not have any negative record with us; (c) the benefit to us from the visibility of the hyperlink compensates the absence of the Group; and (d) the link is in the context of general resource information.
These organisations may link to our home page so long as the link: (a) is not in any way deceptive; (b) does not falsely imply sponsorship, endorsement or approval of the linking party and its products or services; and (c) fits within the context of the linking party’s site. If you are one of the organisations listed immediately above and are interested in linking to the Website, you must inform us by sending an e-mail to the Group. Please include your name, your organisation name, contact information as well as the URL of your site, a list of any URLs from which you intend to link to the Website, and a list of the URLs on our site to which you would like to link. We will aim to respond within a few weeks.
Approved organisations may hyperlink to the Website as follows:
- by use of our corporate name;
- by use of the uniform resource locator being linked to; or
- by use of any other description of the Website being linked to that makes sense within the context and format of content on the linking party’s site.
- No use of the Group’s logo or other artwork will be allowed for linking absent a trademark license agreement.
We reserve the right to amend or cancel any event, event times, dates or published prices in relation to any activity that the Group is involved with, advertises, links to or runs directly or indirectly (an “Event”).
We will try our best to advise changes to prices, times and dates before the start date of a particular Event and, to the extent that an Event has involved the payment of money to the Group, any Event already paid in full will not be subject to any increased price.
In relation to Events, an Event may be cancelled at any time and therefore travel, accommodation or subsistence costs incurred (including incidental costs such as car parking) are entirely the responsibility of any attendee and are not for the Group’s account. The Group does not accept any liability for reimbursement of any costs incurred whatsoever in relation to any Event. Where an Event has been cancelled, potential attendees will be offered an alternative date for the same event (if this is possible or feasible), a credit against future Events or a refund.
The Group aims to ensure that its events are accessible to all. If you have any specific needs, such as dietary or access requirements, please advise us at the earliest possible time and we will contact you to discuss your requirements. It is the responsibility of potential attendees at Events to inform the Group about any specific needs or requirements they may have.
If you are attending an Event with a child, the safety and supervision of your child is your sole responsibility. Please also take all necessary steps to ensure that your child interacts appropriately with other children present.
Without prior approval and written permission, you may not create frames around any pages on the Website that alter in any way the visual presentation or appearance of the Website.
We are committed to ensuring everyone can access the Website. This includes people with sight problems, hearing, mobility and cognitive impairments as well as users without broadband, people using older browsers or newer technologies such as mobile phones and PDAs.
If you have any comments please email the Group. My Web, My Way () is a useful guide from the BBC showing you how to change the settings on your computer or in your browser (eg Internet Explorer). These simple steps include showing you how to change the font type, increase the text size or change the colours on screen to suit your needs.
We shall not be hold responsible for any content that appears on your website. You agree to protect and defend us against all claims that is rising on your website. No link(s) should appear on any website that may be interpreted as libellous, obscene or criminal, or which infringes, otherwise violates, or advocates the infringement or other violation of, any third party rights.
Reservation of Rights
We reserve the right to request that you remove all links or any particular link to the Website. You agree that you will immediately remove all links to the Website upon request. We also reserve the right to amend the Terms and Conditions and its linking policy at any time. By continuously linking to the Website, you agree to be bound to and follow these linking Terms and Conditions.
Removal of links from the Website
If you find any link on the Website that is offensive for any reason, you are free to contact and inform us of the same. We will consider requests to remove links but we are not obligated to or so or to respond to you directly.
We do not ensure that the information on the Website is correct, we do not warrant its completeness or accuracy; nor do we promise to ensure that the Website remains available or that the material on the Website is kept up to date.
To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, we exclude all representations, warranties and conditions relating to the Website and the use of the Website. Nothing in this disclaimer will:
- limit or exclude our or your liability for death or personal injury;
- limit or exclude our or your liability for fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation;
- limit any of our or your liabilities in any way that is not permitted under applicable law; or
- exclude any of our or your liabilities that may not be excluded under applicable law.
The limitations and prohibitions of liability set out immediately above and elsewhere in the Terms and Conditions: (a) are subject to the preceding paragraph; and (b) govern all liabilities arising under the disclaimer, including liabilities arising in contract, in tort and for breach of statutory duty.
As long as the Website and the information and services on the Website are provided free of charge, we will not be liable for any loss, liability or damage of any nature (whether as a result of a breach of the Terms and Conditions or otherwise).
At the Group we are committed to providing a high standard of care. If you are not happy with any element of the service that you have received, please email the Group.
These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of England and Wales and you irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.